NOTICE OF PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
This personal data notice is issued for the purpose of complying with legal requirements under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA") and specifically under Section 7 of the PDPA. This PDPA notice describes how Kolej Yayasan Saad Melaka ("KYSM") collects and handles applicants' personal information in accordance with the PDPA. Please note that KYSM may amend this notice at any time without prior notice.
1. PERSONAL DATA
In order for KYSM to process an application, KYSM must or may be required to collect, record, hold, use, disclose and store personal and family financial information of applicants, including but not limited to:
- phone number;
- electronic mail address;
- identity card and/or passport number;
- medical details;
- household income details;
- co-curriculum details;
- academic results;
- all other personal information requested in the application form, and
- all other personal information that KYSM may collect from applicants in the future;
(then hereof referred to collectively as "Personal Data").
2. OBLIGATION TO SUPPLY PERSONAL DATA
The applicant is obliged to provide Personal Data to KYSM. If the applicant fails to do so, KYSM reserves the right not to proceed with the processing of the applicant's application.
3. SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
KYSM will obtain Personal Data from the applicant and various sources, including but not limited to:
- information provided in the application form; or
- oral and written communication with KYSM; or
- third parties including but not limited to employers and guarantors; or
- other sources for which the applicant has given consent to disclose related information.
4. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
The purpose of processing or/and using Personal Data of applicant is for, but not limited to:
- communicating with the applicant
- administering and conducting an assessment of the applicant's application for a scholarship;
- providing services to applicant;
- processing payment transactions to applicant;
- administrative purposes
- security and fraud prevention purposes;
- internal record keeping;
- statistical analysis
- KYSM governance;
- any other purpose required by any applicable laws, regulations and/or regulatory authorities;
- for the functioning and operation of related programs; and
- for the use of promotions in various formats that are not limited to media (traditional and new), presentation decks, publications, collateral and so on.
5. THE RIGHT TO APPLY FOR ACCESS AND ENQUIRY
5.1. The applicant may, at any time apply for access to, or apply for the amendment or correction of Personal Data or limit the processing of such Personal Data by KYSM as the case may be, subject to the exclusions and restrictions contained under applicable law. If the applicant wishes to do so, please contact KYSM by email, phone call or correspondence.
5.2. Applicants can contact KYSM if they have any questions or complaints regarding their Personal Data provided to KYSM.
5.3. Notwithstanding Clauses 5.1 and 5.2, KYSM reserves the right to reject the applicant's application to access and/or make corrections to the applicant's Personal Data to the extent permitted under applicable law.
6. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
6.1. The applicant's Personal Data provided to or obtained by KYSM will be kept confidential. However, KYSM may need to use the services of third-party organizations, service providers or individuals to operate certain services on behalf of KYSM. In such circumstances, the applicant hereby agrees that KYSM may disclose and transfer the applicant's Personal Data to such third party, within or outside Malaysia including but not limited to:
- the sponsoring body; or
- strategic partners; or
- banks and financial institutions; or
- educational institutions; or
- insurance providers; or
- storage facility providers; or
- law firms representing KYSM; or
- other parties deemed necessary by KYSM
6.2. KYSM may also disclose and transfer information to any statutory bodies, regulatory bodies and/or government authorities when necessary to do so subject to law.